Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Confused, Lucid Dream

So I guess it was inevitable that after all that dream-talk yesterday, I had my first lucid dream in a really long time. I recognize that it is a very small step, but exciting nonetheless!

Essentially, in my dream I received a voicemail from a business school classmate who was in my advertising competition group (although is not in reality), complaining that I hadn't been to a meeting in 5 weeks and that I was responsible for explaining my ideas to her and telling her what to say when she does her presentation. At the time of the call, I think I had been drinking in my dream and had gotten back from a party with my boyfriend. I was talking to him about the voicemail and started to question reality, saying, "I don't have to go to this meeting, this isn't even reality. This is just a dream. I don't have to go." After saying that, I found myself laying in bed (in the dream), wondering if I was really in a dream within a dream, and whether or not THAT moment was reality. I got really confused, and then I woke up....with a neck cramp (in real life).

Nothing special really happened, but I thought it was really cool that after talking about dreams I started to experience a fragment of lucid dreaming for a moment last night. I'm wondering if the more I bring lucid dreaming into my consciousness during the day, if I will continue to question it while dreaming. Maybe next time I can learn to break dance in my sleep.

Happy Finals Season!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment