Friday, April 22, 2011

All is One

Her eyes become the room and glow

and we drink the golden dust

of our Shepherd’s Footsteps

sate our thirst with the pull

of her warm oceanic palms

we cling to her, our northern star.


Single file, we follow.

Pilgrims,

we vie for a last means of

hiding-protection, Yet We walk


deep into the walnut woods, drunk

off the breath that waters the earth, We seek

the quiet counsel of the cave of our souls, the mother of our woods

who speaks her wisdom in constant gurgling streams.


Woods, you’ve felt high-ceilinged

in my confusion, large with my guilt, joyous

with my joy, inverted

in my despair


We lost her in your midst, and pawed

at your silent trees,

dangling hearts pleading for their northern guide

and in congruent form, you Loved

by raining chanting puddles at our feet

In which I glimpsed us: Star-lights bowing!


Oh, Woods, you wetted my ear with dew kisses

and breathed on me with

warm whispers

of Velvet nights that will unfurl

Star-Lights in streams of endless days


How long ago were our love chords bound,

How long ago did our star-eyes meet, collide, make a pact of eternal love?


And the stars in our souls are veined together as ever,

My heart is as warm as ever

We are Glowing orange coals-no different than the other

- I want to hold in my mouth.


Single file we all walk to the gurgling stream

Splash our faces and arms with its light, strangely natural water

sometimes we even take the plunge

year after year we walk, single file we descend

and the stream keeps on flowing

Cave in the woods of my heart

Listen, pilgrim


Did you see that leaf falling?

Did you hear that engine revving up?

Do you hear the clock?

No comments:

Post a Comment